We have been invited to the 16th Annual Brigantine Invitational Cross Country Meet. There will be multiple teams that we have never competed against there. It is a lot of fun and a great way to end the season.
Who: Top 12 runners on boys' team. Top 12 runners on girls' team.
When: Tuesday, November 1st (Rain Date: Wednesday, November 2nd).
Where: 26th Street and the Beach, Brigantine, NJ
Medals to the first 30 males and the first 30 females.
This is the website to check for updated schedule-postponed or cancelled meets.
1. Come on time to practice, ready to cooperate and give it your best effort
2. Listen when Coaches and team members are talking.
3. Encourage and respect everyone on the team.
4. Always try your best.
5. Thank people for doing nice things.
6. Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
It's pride, satisfaction and fulfillment you will experience from improving your running, setting a personal best, competing in a meet, running with friends in practice, taking part and contributing to the team. Cross Country is a confidence building activity that will promote a healthy life style for the rest of your life.
BE A TEAM PLAYER
1. Get to know your teammates.
2. Encourage and help your teammates.
3. Give positive feedback to your teammates whenever possible.
4. Remember that a positive attitude is highly contagious.
5. Work hard in practice and during meets.
6. Communicate with your coaches.
1. When are the practices and meets?
Practices are Monday through Thursday from 2:40-3:30. See schedule/calendar for exact meet dates. The activity bus will take kids home after practices only. The bus leaves at 3:30 each day. On meet days, athletes can be picked up directly from the away meet only if a note is sent in by a parent and signed by Mr. Haines or a bus will bring them back to OCIS. Athletes will be responsible to have transportation waiting for them.
2. Will there be practice even if it is raining?
Listen to the afternoon anouncements and check your "Remind Me" notification.
3. What equipment does my son/daughter need?
A good pair of sneakers/running shoes will suffice. We will supply a team sweatshirt and a t-shirt to race in. These will be turned in at the end of the season.
4. If my son/daughter does not attend school can they still attend the meet or practice?
Students must attend to be able to participate in after school activities regardless of the nature of the absence.